http://220.127.116.11/~qualicu1/wp-qbcc/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2017-Logo-120-e1514403126543.png 0 0 Greg Rehill http://18.104.22.168/~qualicu1/wp-qbcc/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2017-Logo-120-e1514403126543.png Greg Rehill2018-08-28 09:53:042018-08-28 10:05:49Message from the Chair
Hello fellow Curlers,
Hard to think about, but the curling season is nearly upon us. Another beautiful summer is leaving us. I just want to try to keep everyone in the loop about what the Board has been up to through the summer. It has been very busy at the Club.
- The St. Marks fair was again a great success, benefiting all of us, and a huge thank you, goes once again to Eileen Leachman and her large team of volunteers.
- We are fortunate to have a full group of Board Directors who have all been putting in many hours for our success.
- The entire facility has had a facelift: the rink and entire downstairs is repainted and new sheet dividers should be installed by the start of the season. Flags have been rehung and a new Q&DCC Logo sign is up.
- We have some new leagues joining us this year including: A mixed League on Monday afternoon and a joint cash league endeavour as we partner with Parksville Curling Club. We now have Saturday “Doubles League” and also a Saturday “Skills League”
- We recently had our third annual golf tournament and everyone had a terrific day of golf, prizes and BBQ (thanks to Dave and Julie Rogers)
- Our new Manager, Bev Shaw is up to speed and working out very well. We have taken on Bob Laws who is returning to run our food concession. We are happy to have Janis Kelly who will be responsible for our lounge and working with a new beer fridge and taps behind the bar.
- Of course, Eric is again with us and working hard to make our ice “Great Again”
- Our Policy Manual and Procedures Manual was a very large undertaking through the summer and the final draft is being reviewed by the Board and you will be informed of some of the contents at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on September 5th at 7:00 pm. I hope you all make an effort to attend this meeting. There is information to be shared and your input is what the board needs to continue to have the club excel.
- Registration day is September 15 from Noon – 3:00 pm and everyone who is playing, whether they have made a deposit or not, should attend to confirm their teams and ensure fees, lockers etc. are all in order. All league reps will be in attendance for the afternoon. Please bring with you or identify anyone you know who may be interested in joining our Club. We hope to turn no one away.
- Bev has us up and running with Curling Canada IO (a complete program for running a Curling Club) including registration.
- We will be holding an Open house on September 22nd from 1:00 – 4:00 pm so we would like people to drop in and meet friends and new curlers to “Discover Curling”.
- We will then be holding a novice clinic September 24th, 25th and 27th for those who want to sharpen their skills and for new curlers.
- We will be having a Membership drive where those who sign up a new member to our club gets a chance to get a fifty dollar gift certificate.
- If you know of anyone who might want to join our club, please bring them in with you and we can all try to make them feel welcomed. Please check our web site and our developing Facebook page for a lot of Club information including information on our upcoming activities.
See you on the ice,
Rob Diack, Chair